The work in today’s computer world is solely based in the transferring of files with the help of the external devices like USB hard disk drives, memory cards and also pen drives. Due to unfiltered usage, sometimes, these devices get immensely corrupted, and when these corrupted devices are inserted in the personal computers, the latter get hugely damaged. So below are the steps of how you can make your external transfer devices corrupt-free:
- Seeking the option of troubleshooter is the best way by which you can make your external transferring devices corrupt free. Just hit the Troubleshooting option from the main menu or the interface of your PC and then, just under the option of Hardware and sound, you click on Configure a device. This will light up a dialogue box with a set of instructions for resolving the issues of the infected USB drives.
- Suppose, your operating system fails in recognizing the USB drives, for being outdated, then you can open the run box and then type in devmgmt.msc and then you can expand your USB controllers. At this place, you will be able to see the corrupting influences and then get rid of them.
- Many times, the computers fail to assign any drive letter to the storage media which makes it fail to access the file. So always ensure that your external drive has a letter. If it does not, then you can assign it externally.
- Reinstallation of the USB drivers sometimes becomes essential. The reason behind this is that the PC cannot detect the drivers of the storage media. So, reinstalling them is the best option.
- You can also seek the help of utilizing of the CMD. First, you can connect your USB drive or memory card to the computer and then start the process by typing cmd and then press enter. A command box will appear where you have to permit it for running the command DISKPART. Then after following certain steps, you can clear the files which are corrupted.